I want to thank the thousands of voters that checked my name on the ballot, I know they will be holding me to the conservative message I ran on. I also want to thank my family and friends for their support throughout this campaign. Thanks also to Chris Rolenc and Micheal McDonald for their many years of service to the village. I am excited to get started. – Katie Kress
I want to thank the voters for the outpouring of support for my candidacy. I will do my best to uphold the will of the voters and the values promoted in this election. I want to thank Tim Newman & Kevel Anderson for their efforts and willingness to participate in local government and I want to thank the MFTA for their endorsement and support through this campaign. Finally I want to thank my family and friends for all their support and each one of their prayers. Without any one of these things, the outcome of this election could have been very different. -Chris Smolik
The Menomonee Falls Taxpayer Association congratulates all the winners of the 2014 Spring Elections, especially its endorsed candidates. Running for public office is a sacrifice, and we are grateful for time that all of the candidates have invested in making Menomonee Falls a better place.
- District 5 County Supervisor Janel Brandtjen: 1,276 votes, unopposed
- District 6 County Supervisor Jeremy Walz : 749 votes, 55%
- District 7 County Supervisor Jennifer Grant: 1,723 votes, unopposed
- Village Trustee Seat 1: Katie Kress, 2,042 votes, 56%
- Village Trustee Seat 2: Chris Smolik: 2,032 votes, 57%
- Village Trustee Seat 3: Joe Helm, 2,635 votes, unopposed
- MF School Board Member: Mark Nadolski: 1,759 votes, 39%
- MF School Board Member: Ronald Bertieri: 1,686 votes, 38%
- Hamilton School Board: Michael Hyland: 327 MF votes, unopposed
MFTax.org is accepting requests for endorsements. To begin the process email President Steve Welcenbach at Alchem1@earthlink.net. He will conduct a phone interview with you to begin the process.
In the April 1st Election, here are your MFTax.org endorsed candidates:
Menomonee Falls Village Board
Waukesha County Board
- District 5 (Menomonee Falls) - Janel Brandtjen (unopposed)
- District 6 (Menomonee Falls) - Jeremy Walz
- District 7 (Meno/Butler/Brook) - Jennifer Grant (unopposed)
Menomonee Falls School Board
There are two seats up on the School Board. We are not making endorsements, however we believe it is relevant to point out that of the three candidates (Ron Bertieri (incumbent), Mark Nadolski and Lowell Kellogg), Lowell Kellogg did sign to recall Governor Walker. Ron Bertieri and Mark Nadolski are the only two candidates who did not sign the recall. Learn more at the Menomonee Falls NOW).
Menomonee Falls Taxpayer endorsed Supervisor leads fight to oppose new arena taxes
“Members of Waukesha County’s Executive Committee on Monday recommended to the County Board that it oppose any imposition of a regional tax to finance the construction of a new Milwaukee arena.” (JSOnline)
But who led the charge? “The Waukesha County resolution was introduced by Supervisor Jennifer Grant.” (JSOnline